Kick off summer with an outdoor picnic featuring oysters paired with our 2019 Rosato di Nebbiolo. We partnered with Bodega Bay Oyster Company to create these delicious recipes. Watch our virtual cooking class here if you would like to cook along!
16-20 Each Large Bodega Bay Oyster Company Miyagi Oysters
2 Cups Buttermilk
2 Tsp Hot Sauce
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
4 Each Brioche Hot Dog Buns
As Needed Remoulade Sauce (see below for recipe)
½ Cup Shredded Green Cabbage
½ Cup Shredded Red Cabbage
1 Each Lime, Juiced
Salt To Taste
1. Start by shucking the oysters and placing them into a bowl with the buttermilk and hot sauce. Refrigerate for an hour.
2. Next make the seasoned flour by combining the flour, salt, pepper and old bay seasoning and set aside.
3. Toss the red and green cabbage with the lime juice & salt. Set aside.
4. Heat a fryer or cast-iron pot with canola oil to 375 degrees.
5. When the oil is at temperature, remove the oysters from the buttermilk and place them into the flour mixture.
6. Toss them around in the flour so that they are evenly coated and then remove them and place in the hot oil.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the crust is crispy.
8. When the oysters are done, remove them from the oil and place them onto a paper towel and lightly season with salt and old bay.
9. Open up the hotdog bun and spread it with a generous amount of remoulade.
10. Place 4-5 oysters in the bun and then top with some of the cabbage.
1 ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
¼ Cup Creole Mustard
1 Tbsp Dill Pickle Juice
1 Tbsp Capers, Chopped
1 Tsp Horseradish
¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp Hot Sauce
1 Tbsp Dill Pickle, Minced
1 Tbsp Round Pond Garlic Infused Olive Oil
½ Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tsp Salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix.