How many ways can you add the sweet, tangy bite of Blood Orange to your life? From cocktails to glazes to desserts, we have a plethora of fun ways to use our Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil and Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup. Do you have a favorite use of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
OUR BLOOD ORANGE OIL & SYRUP RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Make a Cocktail – Muddle rosemary and shake with gin and our Blood Orange Syrup. Add a quick splash of club soda for a little fizz.
2. Make an Appetizer – Mash avocado onto toasted baguette slices. Drizzle with our Blood Orange Olive Oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
3. Make a Cake – Use our Blood Orange Olive Oil in place of olive oil in a polenta olive oil cake, and top with a candied orange peel.
4. Make Dessert – Drizzle Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup over vanilla ice cream and top with whipped cream and slivered almonds.
5. Make an Easy Bite – Finely slice a fennel bulb and serve on a platter sprinkled with coarse sea salt. Whisk together Round Pond Blood Orange Olive Oil and Blood Orange Syrup and serve with fennel for dipping.
6. Make a Glaze – Whisk Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup with hot chili flakes as a sweet, hot glaze for grilled shrimp or pork.
7. Make a Snack – Drizzle hummus with our Blood Orange Olive Oil, and top with dukkah (an Egyptian condiment consisting of a mixture of herbs, nuts, and spices).
8. Make a Sweet Treat – Spread melted chocolate over toasted brioche slices. Drizzle lightly with Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup and Blood Orange Olive Oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
9. Make an Hors D’Oeuvre – Drizzle Round Pond Blood Orange Syrup over feta cheese and serve with crostini, kalamata olives, and water-soaked walnuts (soaking walnuts overnight in water removes the phytic acid that makes your mouth itchy).
10. Make Veggies Special – Drizzle our Blood Orange Olive Oil over roasted or grilled beets, sweet potatoes, winter squash, brussels sprouts, zucchini or green beans.