A Day In The Life
We invite you to join the Round Pond team as an assistant winemaker for a day! There is nothing better than learning by doing and making a fine wine is no exception. Join us as we dive into the vineyards and cellar to craft another great vintage of Round Pond wine, and all while enjoying some fantastic company, gourmet food and outstanding wine from harvests past.
Harvest and Wine Making Experience:
For the first half of the day, you will be participating in a morning of harvesting Round Pond Estate grapes and helping the winemaker to craft a fine wine. This will take place from 9:00am to 11:30am.
- 9:00am: You will be welcomed at the Estate winery with a sumptuous breakfast prepared by winery chef Eric Maczko. While sipping your warm coffee, you will meet with Estate Winemaker Muiris Griffin, and Vineyard Manager Chris Pedemonte, who will educate you about the Estate property and vineyards, and discuss the days itinerary.
- 9:30am – 11:30am: Get ready to work in the vineyards and pick Round Pond Estate grapes! You will also work the "crushpad" by sorting grapes, performing punchdowns and pumpovers. Taste just-pressed free run juice from the grapes and perform analysis such as measuring brix. Then move into the cellar, where you will sample wine from different barrels and learn about elevage. Conclude the morning with a blending seminar led by Muiris as you learn the process of creating a finished wine for bottling.
Gourmet Food and Wine Experience:
For the second half of the day you will enjoy the Round Pond Estate wines and foods with an educational tasting experience and a gourmet luncheon at the Round Pond Winery. This will take place from 12:00pm to 3:00pm.
- 12:00pm: Join our Olive Oil Educator at the Estate olive mill for a tour to learn about Round Pond’s olive oils, red wine vinegars and citrus syrups. See the nearly ripe olives on the trees and our beloved stone mill up-close and learn about the process of olive oil production.
- 12:30pm: Now it's time to sit back and reflect on your day in the vineyards. Enjoy an Al Fresco luncheon under the pergola at the olive mill, where chef Eric will lead you through a tasting of Round Pond’s Estate wines, olive oils, and vinegars. Lunch will be a bounty of freshly picked organic produce from our Winery Sensory Garden, accompanied by Italian cheeses and charcuterie to pair with our Estate made products.
- 3:00pm: Your “Day in the Life” experience with Round Pond Estate is complete! Enjoy the memories of working a harvest in the heart of Napa Valley for years to come!
This experience will be offered once during winery harvest:
Saturday, October 18th, 2015
To put your name on our waiting list for this event, please contact our concierge at 888-302-2575 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be happy to help book your reservation or provide more details regarding this event. *Only 20 spaces available.
$200 / PERSON (CLUB MEMBER)
$250 / PERSON (NON-MEMBER)
We require 10 day advance notice for cancellations.